Saturday, October 1, 2011

University of Utah T-Shirt, Victoria Secret U of U Sweatpants, and Paul Frank Slippers

The Outfit of Champions. Or atleast the outfit that suits a long needed break.

After having a wonderfully busy week which culminated with seeing Babcock Theatre's production of A Midsummer Night's Dream (absolutely hilarious and fantastic) and going to the Homecoming Dance (definitely the funnest dance that I have ever been to - I have a photo booth strip of photos to prove it too) I took the day off today.

Originally, I was going to go to the game today (U v. University of Washington) and volunteer with Recycle Rice Eccles but I decided yesterday and this morning that I definitely wouldn't have enough energy to do that. I seem to be making a habit of turning the game days into my relaxing days. It works for me.

This morning I showered and had a lovely, relaxed breakfast. I had a toasted bagel and egg (egg sandwich!) and strawberries and oranges with orange juice. Mm.

I then walked down to the library and read or reviewed 20 sources from ancient history for my Western Civilization exam on monday. These sources include everything from a section of the play Lysistrata to Socrates' speech at his trial. All very interesting.

Next, I walked back up and had lunch at the HC (pasta and a vegetable marinara, broccoli, yogurt with granola and raspberries). I followed this with a fantastic nap. So far I have spent the rest of my afternoon doing laundry, outlining essays, and working on government vocabulary.

It is wonderful to have a day to spend in my Paul Frank slippers.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for a day off after a great week! Good luck with mid-terms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear more about the dance. I am glad that you had a nice, relaxing day! Good luck on your exam tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete