Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Prologue

Howdy!
Welcome to my blog.

First, a few explanations. Why "The Overlook", you ask? Well, it is possibly my favorite hike and it is definitely the one that I have done most often. It is not a very difficult hike but it has a beautiful view at the top of the whole Salt Lake Valley (the full name is the Salt Lake Overlook). It is especially fun in the winter to snowshoe as slides down the mountainside become established during the season so one is able to slide down the whole mountain. The slides do have a hidden danger though and that is that some of the slides do not connect to the trail again - they simply, end. Which is problematic when suddenly you are surrounded by six feet of powder and you are sure at all how nearby the trail is. All there is to do in that situation is to climb back up. A task easier said than done. In short, the overlook is a trail that, while comforting, never fails to offer an adventure.

Next, what is this blog going to be about? Perhaps, reasonably (gathered from the title and from what I have written so far) it will be about hiking? Or perhaps my work as a barrista? No, rather, my family and friends and time spent with them? No indeed, rather it will be about, surely be about, my numerous random talents which include, but are not limited to, gurgling, eye brow waves, and a knack for remembering historical events?

Well. While this blog will undoubtedly include all of those things at one time or another, what the blog is really about is about the big change that is quickly approaching: college. This blog is dedicated to my new experiences, challenges, and joys that come along with academia and college life.

So, come along for the ride! Come with me as I move into my dorm, as I become overwhelmed with syllabi on my first day of college, and as I explore the outdoor recreation program, the Bennion center, Young Democrats, and whatever else comes my way.

ali

4 comments:

  1. I already love your blog! I look forward to getting all the college scoop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was having difficulty posting a comment from my iPad, so I apologize for the delay! I am so excited to keep reading your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shall be looking over "the Overlook" from my vantage point in Pigs' Hollow. I know you are going to love the "U"! Go Utes!

    ReplyDelete