Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing

Must I always, always, be waiting on. . . .life?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffgsf3pqaD8

Once again, a song seems to apply - in an odd sort of way. Although Jack Johnson's song "Sitting, Waiting Wishing" has very little to do with me, somehow the beat and fragments of the lyrics apply. Those lyrics have been echoing in my head for a few days now. . . .

Must I always, always, be waiting on. . . .life?

I dislike waiting. Some sitting and waiting is alright, the kind that anticipates a holiday or an exciting event, for example, it is the waiting that preludes a change that I can not tolerate. Only so much preparation and planning can fill my time and distract me. It can be avoided no longer; there is a very long pause. A pause that seems to put life itself on hold. And I just want to live.

I want to meet people. I want confront the challenge of change. I want to go to classes and learn. To find the perfect tree to study under and my favorite chair in the library.


Of course, if I think to look backwards it is a little shocking. College already? Moving into dorms? I remember wondering and imagining what that day would be like. Even more so I remember realizing that once this day arrived I would be shocked that it had arrived so soon. In that line of logic I know that tomorrow morning will arrive quickly and that pause will be gone before I know it.

Thank goodness though, because waiting on life ain't so easy to do.

2 comments:

  1. The wait is over! I am quite jealous of your college experience you have been in it for less than 24 hours! Thanks for letting us crash the dinner tonight - it was so fun. I love your dorm decor. Happy University of Utah! GO UTES! GO ALI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOT WOOT! The time has come. You are going to love college, Ali! But even more so, college is going to love you! I can't wait to see photos of your pad, Ali! And I'll join in the cheer!

    GO UTES! GO ALI!

    ReplyDelete